Brooklyn   :   (718) 210-4794   |   Queens :   (718) 539-1100
HOME / / Immigration


How can I get a green card? How do I become a citizen? How can I get permission to work in the United States? These are some of the questions that are covered by immigration law.

The United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) is the government agency that oversees lawful immigration to the United States of America including adjudicating or deciding upon the petitions and applications of potential immigrants. The Law Office of John C. Kim, P.C. can assist you with the following:

  • Immigrant Visa Petitions for Your Husband, Wife, Children, Parents, or Brother and Sister
  • Application for Permanent Residence (“Green Card”)
  • Petition for Fiancé (e)
  • Naturalization / Citizenship Applications
  • Asylum and Refugee Applications
  • Replacement of Immigration Documents
  • Petition to Remove the Conditions of Residence
  • Removal / Deportation Proceedings Before the Immigration Court
  • Immigration Interviews

Process for Becoming US Citizen

We’re here to help you navigate through the immigration process for becoming US citizen which can sometimes be complex and confusing. Call us today to make an appointment.

Three ways you can help your fiance(e) or your spouse become a permanent U.S. resident

  1. If you marry overseas, you can file a petition for your spouse with a USCIS office in the U.S. (or with a U.S. Consulate or overseas USCIS office in certain countries) after the marriage. Once that petition is approved, your spouse will be processed for an immigrant visa by the US Embassy or Consulate, and then the spouse could enter the U.S. as a permanent U.S. Citizen for the resident.
  2. If your fiance(e) is already in the U.S. with a lawful status, you can get married in the U.S. After the marriage, you can petition for the spouse so that the spouse can adjust status to a permanent resident and stay.
  3. A third option is to bring your fiance(e) into the U.S. on a fiance(e) visa. You can file a petition with the USCIS first so that the Consulate can invite your fiancee to apply for the fiance(e) visa. With that visa, your fiance(e) can enter the U.S. to have the marriage ceremony within the 90 days. After the marriage, your spouse can apply for becoming US Citizen & permanent residence and stay.

So, what do you waiting for? Call us for Immigration Lawyer of Brooklyn & Queens.

Be Smart.  Get the Facts.  Know the Law.


Have some questions? Read our FAQ's.

Stay informed on our LATEST NEWS & UPDATES!